Soft Baby Tag Cube Tutorial
DIY Sewing Project
Welcome to the wonderful world of DIY sewing tutorials! Today, we’re going to dive into a beginner-friendly project that is perfect for baby showers or welcoming a new bundle of joy – making a soft stuffy cube.
This easy-to-follow tutorial will guide you through each step, ensuring that even if you’re new to sewing, you’ll be able to create a delightful sensory toy for the little one in your life.
With just a few materials and some basic sewing skills, you’ll be amazed at how quickly you can bring this adorable baby tag toy to life. Not only will it provide endless entertainment for the little one with its different textures and tags, but it’s also a great way to stimulate their senses and encourage their development.
Whether you’re an experienced seamstress looking for a quick project or someone who has never picked up a needle and thread before, this DIY tutorial is designed with simplicity in mind. So grab your fabric, thread, and scissors – let’s get started on creating something special for that precious new arrival!
The items you will need for this project:
- 6 pieces of Fabric (4.5 inch squares) You can find the fabric I use in this tutorial HERE
- 8 pieces of ribbon – feel free to mix and match – 3 inches each
- Stuffing – I bought a big bag from Walmart. You can find this at any craft store or online such as Joannes or Micheals
- 3 in x 8 in piece of fabric for the hanging strip (optional)
- Snaps. I have this set here.
Place your fabric and ribbons in this “t” pattern. The long strip in the middle is optional. This is for the snap hang. You can see the tutorial on how I make this below.
Sew the pieces together using a .5 inch seam allowance. Be sure to start about 1/4 or 3/8 inch away from the edges when you start and close so you can assemble the corners easier.
Finish sewing all the sides except for one, leaving the opening for the stuffing and for turning it right side out.
Turn the cube right side out and it should look something like this.
Grab your stuffing and fill in the cube to your desired textured amount.
You can either sew or handstitch to close the opening. I usually like to handstitch this part for a cleaner look.
**OPTIONAL CUBE HANG TUTORIAL
The Tutorial below is for the optional snap hang for the cube.
1. Take your strip of coordinating fabric (3 in x 8 in)
2. Fold in half and then fold in from both sides. You can use an iron to make the lines more prominent.
3. Fold in the top part about .5 inch.
4. Fold in the two sides and then fold in half and stitch all the way around.
Time to install the snaps for the cube hang part. These are the items that will be needed. They should be provided in your set.
This is the set I purchased on Amazon.
Follow the instructions to install your Snaps.
All done! Congratulations on finishing your super cute stuffed baby tag cube! These make great gifts for baby showers and expecting friends and family.
With Love and Aloha,